Friday, August 13, 2010

Zucchini, Zucchini, Zucchini

We love zucchini. Pretty much anyway it can be fixed, we'll eat it. When my 6 year old gets excited that we are have a vegetable for dinner, I try to make as many things as I can with that in it! This is a dinner we've had twice in the past month and it was gobbled up fast(no leftovers).

My Zucchini dish with out a name
1-2 cups chopped Tomatoes(I use canned stewed tomatoes from a pint size jar)with juice
1/2-1 teaspoon Cumin
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro(We love cilantro so I sometimes do more...if you aren't a fan you can always cut it out completely)
1 med. onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic(or garlic powder)
2 Med-large Zucchini cut into chunks
Simmer everything except the Zucchini for about 5 min. add Zucchini simmer until zucchini is tender.
You can eat this over rice to make it a little more filling, we ate it as is the first time and it was wonderful that way too.
**If you can think of a good name for this recipe let me know in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment