Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kale Chips


Kale Chips. Sounds odd, right? I made some because I happen to have kale(don't even remember why I bought it), and while I like them just fine, this is what happened when I asked Logan to give one a try:
Me: Logan will you come try these?
Logan: umm, what is that?
Me: Kale chips.
Logan: Do I have to try it?
Me: Logan it's the smallest one! Please just try that one if you don't like it you don't have to eat another.
Logan:(talks himself into it, you know, "I can do this, I can do this" It was pretty funny) UGH, I don't like it!!
Me: just finish that one.
Logan: Okay.....I really don't like those!
Me: what did it taste like?
Logan: Grass.
Me: When have you ever eaten grass?
Logan: I just did!

I was laughing pretty hard by the end of this conversation. I am posting the recipe I used because I thought they were pretty good and I'd make them again, next time I think I'll add a little garlic powder.

Kale Chips
Small bundle of Kale(about 3-4 leaves)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Vinegar(optional)
Salt to taste

Cut the stems from the leafy parts, Cut or tear into bite size pieces. Wash and dry leaves. Coat in the oil and vinegar(if using). Put in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake at 300 Degrees for about 20 min. Salt right after you take them from the oven. Enjoy!


If you try them let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good, Becky. I think I'll try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that they were really good. I talked Rich into trying them and he liked them too. Let me know what you think once you try them.

    ReplyDelete