Sunday, October 30, 2011

My thoughts and good Documentaries to watch

I made the choice to me semi-veg when I was 17 or 18 after reading a book(I can remember the name, come on it's been over 10 years!) that had some statistics that floored me. I started eating meat again about a year later, but it was in total moderation.

Fast forward through graduating, getting a job, getting first Apt., meeting hubby, getting married, having 1 child and 6 of his years. Then you end up with me being vegetarian again. Then trying the whole Vegan thing, that lasted about a month. I felt so good while I was vegetarian, more energy, I slept better and had an over all feeling of wellness.

I found out I was pregnant with #2 in Dec. 2010 and tried to have a veggie pregnancy but unfortunately, fruits and veggies made me totally sick for the first 4 months and I really didn't feel that I knew enough about nutrition to make sure that Baby and I were getting what we needed.

She's here now and I want very much to get back to my vegetarian lifestyle. It's been a slow process so far. I'm working on making some of my favorite meals meat free(I'm not a big fan of meat substitutions). I think I've done some pretty good ones.

I have to say, I hate the way animals are treated on big farms and the butchering process. BUT that is not my reason for wanting to avoid meat. I just don't like it that much. I have never been a fan of red meat. I feel better when I don't consume meat.

Now here are some really good food documentaries that I think everyone should watch:

Food INC.
Food Matters
Forks over Knives

These are my favorites. As soon as I get batteries back in my camera(They keep being confiscated by the males in my house for video games controllers) I will be posting the meals I'm working on. In the meantime watch the 3 documentaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment